Bradford’s Ordinary was a humble community born in 1750 that eventually developed into our Town of Cary. Fire companies in that same era were developed to provide help to people who had just endured tragedy. Firefighters from the Cary Fire Department decided to pay respect to our 250 year old Township and vocation by establishing this partnership based on the simple premise that we can, and will, help others with our time, effort, and brotherhood.
Bradford’s Ordinary Fire Co. is a not-for-profit created in order to do great things for others. This organization is based on the principle that Pride is the most expensive thing you can earn, and we aim to do it.
BFOC was formally formed in 2015 to honor history, the roots of our town, and the noble tradition of the American firefighter.
We recognize the initiative, ability, and the passion to help among the Cary firefighters, and are her eonly to present a lens to focus those energies.
We can, and will, help others with our time, effort, and creativity.
Consistently provide the people of our Town and beyond with support in emergencies and chronic hardships.
- Integrity: Our honor is not preserved in the spotlight, but while no one is watching.
- Accountability: We must answer to a community for constant vigilance, as well as to a long history of firefighters for the noble deeds for which we share credit.
- Investment: With our effort, we can and do move mountains regularly.
We have hosted several events over the past few years working closely with the Town of Cary.
Jon Schondelmayer had a special place in his heart for children.
- 2015 Marathon – 50 people participated and we raised $1,600 for Interact of Wake County
- 2016 Marathon – 250 people – raised $4,500 – 6,000 for Cary’s Flight of Hope
- Cleaned homes and made repairs for the profoundly ill – 100 people
- Hosted a dinner for retired firefighters – 80 people
- Adopted a family for Christmas – 150 people – $2,000
Our people have one goal and incredible focus. We want to make our world better with the tools God has given us.
Thank you for the opportunity to share Bradford’s Ordinary with you.